Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Week 3, Pace Yourself!

Last week was, for the most part, a success. I worked out 6 out of 7 days, with two different activities on most days. Like I told you last week, I have a refreshed motivation for running. I "upped" my running schedule this week in order to challenge myself more, because I know now I can handle it.

I ran 3.5 miles on Sunday, with no problem at all. Well, no pain or extraordinary suffering. My problem remains my slower-than-a-tortoise speed. I know I'm not going to be winning a race with the hare anytime soon, but I at least want to beat the tortoise!

In an effort to run faster, I start out at a pace I can't hold for more than a mile or so. Then, I have to run so slow to recover my breath and heart rate, it defeats the whole purpose! So my goal for the next few weeks is to maintain a steady pace on my runs.

I do want to run faster eventually, but for now I'm happy with my consistency in working out. Check it out!

I'm really enoying myself with this new workout plan. I have a goal that I'm working towards, and every workout brings me one step closer to that goal. I've been able to spend time with my sister, husband, and cousins by working out together, so what's not to like? Brandon even told me the other day that I "look happier"!

Well of course I look happier, because I am! Although endorphins play a huge part in that, I'm pretty sure they aren't the only cause. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment