Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week 2, Still Going Strong!

For me, this week has been awesome in terms of exercise. During the week, I got to ride my bike with my cousins, which was so fun! Several mornings, I worked out on the elliptical in my parent's living room while watching Glee or Vampire Diaries.

I was very pumped after my run Saturday, because it's been a long time since I've run 3 miles. Brandon encouraged me to go with him, and didn't let me stop and walk when my body was trying to give up. I finished all three miles without walking at all!

Right after, Team "Mostly Brandons" went for a long bike ride out to Shelby Farms and back.(Team "Mostly Brandons" includes Allie, Kelly, Brandon M. and Brandon C.) My stability, balance, and leg strength couldn't quite keep up with the Brandons on the hills and trails in Shelby Farms, but the ride was a blast anyways.

Sunday, Kelly and I finished strong on a 2 mile run despite "tripping" over an obstacle. :)
We also have spent an extensive amount of time planning our outfits and accessories, so we will look great in pictures after we finish the race!
 

Brandon has his heart set on finishing his 13.1 miles in under 2 hours, which means he has to run an average 9:00 minute mile! He's still as focused as ever, and not so concerned about his outfit. But don't worry! Luckily, I have volunteered to pick out his outfit for him.

8 more weeks to go until St. Jude!

No comments:

Post a Comment