Saturday, October 2, 2010

I less-than-three the Greenbelt!

Week 1 is almost over, and the Choo-Chew Train has started off strong! (Cheesy, I know.)  The Greenbelt has been the best thing that happened to Memphis and my workouts in a long time. Here is why I love it:

1. First and foremost, I have a place to ride my bike! I am too scared to ride on the streets of Memphis, so I'm finally able to put that sucker to good use.

2. You feel a sense of community. After you've been a few times, you start to recognize a few people you've seen there before. Everyone is so nice and friendly! One guy even tried to help me when my chain came off of the gears. He failed, and then Brandon ran by and fixed it in 2 seconds flat. But the point is I didn't know him and he tried!

3. I get to listen to my Glee soundtrack the whole time! If I'm running or walking by myself, I usually try not to listen to my headphones, or at least put them on super low volume for safety reasons. But on the greenbelt, you don't have to worry (as much) about safety, because there are good people everywhere! Let's just hope the good people don't kick me out for singing the Glee soundtrack as I'm cruising through.

4. It's beautiful. Green almost everywhere you can look, and at times it covers you like a canopy. You wouldn't even know you were in the middle of a city except for the occasional crosswalk. See for yourself!

 BTW, for those of you not on the up-and-up of text and internet lingo (I'm talking to you, Mom!), less-than-three = <3 = a heart = love.

And BTW = By The Way.

I'm kidding, Mom. I'm very proud of you for finally learning to text. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment